In an emergency, it’s important to make the right choices fast. This begins with knowing where to go—Eastern Oklahoma Medical Center in Poteau.
We offer excellent emergency care. Here’s how:
- Ten bed unit:
- 4 monitored Trauma/Cardiac Beds
- Orthopedic Room
- 5 exam rooms
- Staffed with Registered Nurses 24 hours/day
- Every patient is triaged by a Registered Nurse
- Emergency physicians on duty 24 hours/day
- Full service lab and radiology services 24 hours/day (blood bank and CT scan)
- All nursing staff trained in Advanced Cardiac Life Support, Pediatric Advanced Life Support, and Trauma Nursing.
- State of the Art Cardiac Monitoring System.
- Resuscitation equipment for both adult and pediatric emergency.
- Annual census of 16,000 patients.
- Radio communications with all EMS providers in the area.
- Patients are treated in order according to the severity of their injury or illness regardless of their order of arrival.
- Common procedures performed in the ED:
- Endotracheal Intubation
- Chest Tube Placement
- Central Venous IV Placement
- Lumbar Puncture